FROM THIS DAY FORWARD
Thrive Marriage Conference
All Nations Church of God
February 5-6, 2016
Pastor Darrell and Pauline Waller
Yesterday: The past is in the past, let it be.
Isaiah 43:18 "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.”
Common Issues in Marriage
3. Time Management
Our story shapes us – often defines us – they pretty much set us on a course.
* Here’s what you and I need to know: when we take our story and merge it with God’s love and grace – it becomes His-story.
So, how do we move forward?
* How do we take something really good and make it better?
* How do we take something good but struggling and move forward?
* How do we take something broken, pick up the pieces, and start over?
First, resolve to work at it.
Second, remember “the start.”
Third, remind yourself that the past doesn’t define your marriage.
“It was a lesson, not a life sentence.”
The bottom line for me is that my story – plus my spouse’s story – given to Jesus, becomes all about His-story – and He loves a good story with a good ending!
God began this story with a man named Adam and a lady named Eve.
* Adam’s first relationship was with God.
* Eve’s first relationship was with God.
In Genesis Chapter 2, God put Adam to sleep and took a rib and made Eve, so when Eve was completed Adam was still sleeping. When God breathed life into her, she saw first the face of God. Her very first relationship was with the Lord. Eve’s first relationship wasn’t with her husband nor her children, but with God.
* And that is where we all must begin – to be the husband I need to be, and you guys need to be, and to be the wife you ladies need to be, it begins with a relationship with our Savior.
Posted on Fri, February 5, 2016
by Erika Catlett