Superheroes (Part Six)
Today's Superhero of the Bible is Paul.
Text: Acts 26:19 (KJV)
Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision.
Three Truths That Define Paul:
1. "I don't have to survive."
- Philippians 1:21: For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
2. "I am content."
- I Timothy 6:6-8: But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
- See also Hebrews 13:5-6 and Philippians 4:11-13.
3. "I've lived with no regrets."
- II Timothy 4:6-8: For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
Posted on Sun, March 9, 2014