Superheroes (Part Four)
Today's Biblical hero is DAVID.
Text: Acts 13:22 (NLT):
But God removed Saul and replaced him with David, a man about whom God said, "I have found David, son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do."
David's life was a strange mixture of good and evil. It was filled with noble deeds, tremendous exploits, and notable accomplishments. Yet, it was stained with gross sins.
There is no Bible character who more fully illustrates the moral range of human nature than David. He is the consummate example of the integrity of our God and His Word. He shows us the human frailty of these men and women we so admire.
1. David's first giant - Goliath.
- David won by faith. By fighting in the Name of, or on behalf of, the Lord.
2. David's second giant - Bathsheba.
- What an unlikely giant. But what the giant of a man could not do, the beauty of a woman did.
- This "man after the very heart of God" took his eyes off the God he loved and sought, and transfixed them to a bathing beauty that stole his heart.
- David is forced to face his sin when Nathan the prophet comes to visit. (See II Samuel 12:7-9 and Psalm 51).
Posted on Sun, February 9, 2014