Today's heroes are sisters Mary and Martha.
Text: Luke 10:38-42
1. Martha is a doer.
2. Mary has another kind of hunger she's trying to satisfy. These two women represent the church today. Basically, in every church, there are 2 camps:
- Busy, working, fixing food. The house is filling up with the aroma of another one of Martha's feasts.
Lessons:1. Doing without sitting is exhausting.
- The Doers
- The Sitters
- Neither are all wrong, neither are all right.
2. Sitting without giving is pointless.
- God wants and needs doers in His Kingdom, but doing without taking time to sit at the feet of Jesus will wear you down, frustrate you, and create a critical spirit.
Signs You Need to Steal Away and Sit at His Feet:
- In the Great Commission, Jesus said, "Go..." He did not say, "Sit." "Go and tarry in Jerusalem..." but not forever. Tarry "until you are clothed with power from on High."
To the doers, do these 2 things:1. Recommit to your devotional life.
- Always tired and a sense of weariness
- Easily irritated and frustrated
2. Make Sundays special. To the sitters, do these 2 things:1. Start getting involved somewhere. 2. Start slow.
- Pray, meditate, sing God's praises
Posted on Sun, February 16, 2014