Superheroes, Part Eight
Today's hero is The Good Samaritan.
Text: Luke 10:25-37
Prevailing Attitudes of the Story:
A. The Robber: "What's yours is mine and I'm going to take it."
- Not unlike the prevailing attitude of today's culture that believes, "I'm entitled."
B. The Priest and Levite: "What's mine is mine and I'm going to keep it."
- The spirit of greed and selfishness is taking over America.
- This should not be the attitude of the Christ-follower. Jesus taught us that it is more blessed to give than to receive.
C. The Good Samaritan: "What's mine is yours and I'll gladly give it."
- It is amazing what can be accomplished for God when we don't care who gets the credit.
A. Our mission is to:
- Train our children.
- Restore our families.
- Light our community/world.
B. What must we do?
1. Get in the ditch.
- We've got to be willing to move from the comfort of the sanctuary into the pain of the suffering.
2. Quit caring who's in the ditch.
Posted on Sun, March 30, 2014