Something's Gotta Give! (Part One)
Text: Matthew 6:19-21 (NLT)
“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. 21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be."
After getting started on our Christian journey, sooner or later, you and I must reconcile how this life change is fleshed out daily. Thankfully, the Bible clearly teaches us how we should live. A very important part of our lives is how we manage what God has given us.
Truths from God's Word:
1. God is using money to test you and me.
A. Money shows what you love most. Wherever you want your heart to be, put your money in it, and you'll be interested in it.
B. Money shows what you really trust most. Do we trust in our money or our treasures to feel good about ourselves, or do we trust in God to give us security and hope and contentment?
C. Money shows if God can trust you.
- Luke 16:11-12 (NLT): And if you are untrustworthy about worldly wealth, who will trust you with the true riches of heaven? And if you are not faithful with other people's things, why should you be trusted with things of your own?
- How you handle money determines how much God can bless your life.
2. Money is a tool to be used for God's purposes.
See Luke 16:1-13 for Lessons from a Shrewd Manager:
A. The manager looked ahead.
- Start saving money. Something in our finances has gotta give!
B. The manager made a plan.
- Do you have a budget? See Proverbs 16:9.
C. The manager acted quickly.
Posted on Sat, February 7, 2015
by Darrell Waller