Indivisible (Part Two: Is America Still a Christian Nation?)
- A few days ago, the Pew Research Group announced that those claiming to be Christian in America had fallen to 72%.
- Sadly, most of that 72% is in name only. Some suggest only 7-9% are fundamental in their beliefs and walk daily with a relationship with Christ.
- Bill Bright’s research says that only 2% of professing Christians have led someone to Christ. So we are a nation of Christians who do not share our faith.
- 4,000 American churches are closing their doors every year. The closings far outnumber the new churches that are starting.
200,000 of America’s 334,000 churches are spiritually flat-lined or in documented decline.
- Truthfully, many churches that are seeing growth are more or less transfers from other churches – not new converts to the Kingdom.
Abandoning our Christian principles, upon which this nation was founded, and affirming all religions and faiths at the expense of our moral compass, our ethical values, the Godly Biblical principles that guided our nation for so long, is absolutely destroying the core of American values.
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance. From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind;
from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth—he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength. A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save. But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love be with us, LORD, even as we put our hope in you.
What does God say to us from His Word?
- We are blessed if He is our Lord.
- So, who is America's Lord? If we're honest...Entertainment, sports, and lifestyles of the rich and famous.
- But, we are only blessed when HE is our Lord! "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord." No Buddha. Not Allah. Not entertainment. Not sports. Not wealth or fame or affluence. But, the Lord! The Lord of glory. He is the Lord!
Who is He? Who is the Lord? The Psalmist answered that in Psalm 24 (NLT):
The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to him.
For he laid the earth’s foundation on the seas and built it on the ocean depths.
Who may climb the mountain of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? Only those whose hands and hearts are pure, who do not worship idols and never tell lies.
They will receive the LORD’s blessing and have a right relationship with God their savior. Such people may seek you and worship in your presence, O God of Jacob. Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors,
and let the King of glory enter. Who is the King of glory? The LORD, strong and mighty; the LORD, invincible in battle. Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors, and let the King of glory enter. Who is the King of glory? The LORD of Heaven’s Armies—he is the King of glory.
He will not be America's Lord because we build a sacred temple and dedicate to Him. He will be America's God when people like us in churches like this quit pretending to be Christian, and fall before the God of the Bible and cry out:
- The Lord, He is God! The Lord, strong and mighty! The Lord, invincible in battle! The Lord of Heaven’s Armies – He alone is the King of glory! Jesus Christ is Lord.
Posted on Sat, May 30, 2015
by Erika Catlett