Text: I Corinthians 13:13 (NIV)
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Christmas is magical. We talk of “Christmas miracles.”
* Mother Teresa said: “It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you…yes, it is Christmas every time you smile at your brother and offer him your hand.”
The Bible says in Luke 2, “Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy…”
* And that really is the heart and soul and essence of Christmas: “Good tidings of great joy.”
That one statement – that one description – screams at us – “There is hope!”
Really, if Jesus’ birth meant and means anything, it is HOPE.
Hope is H = Hearing the truth about who you are and your future.
Hope is an O = Open door to something a little bit better.
Hope is P = Putting our faith in the One Who can make the difference.
A. Tomorrow. The thought of tomorrow causes some of you to perk up and smile. The thought of tomorrow makes some of you slump a little over in the pew and sigh.
You know why? The presence or the absence of “Hope.”
Can I just tell you that right now – right where you are – is the right time and the best place to be to find Jesus?
* The shepherds were poor and destined to live the mundane, until they met Hope in a manger.
* The Wise Men were pretty well off and smart and respected – but even so – they were still searching for that something – that someone out there.
* You and I spend our lives in a frantic and desperate pursuit of the meaningful. And we will spend our lives striving to no avail until we put our faith in the One Who holds tomorrow.
And when we do, we find:
Hope is E = The expectation of a promising future.
That’s what Christmas is. It is hope. So, if you’re wondering about your tomorrow –
If you’re wondering about making sense of what all is going on in your life…
If you are struggling with life’s stuff and stress…
I believe in Christmas! I believe in its magic! And its purpose – God’s purpose is to give you hope and a future.
1. Start by just talking to God.
2. Invite Him into your life, your struggles, your future.
3. Let Hope carry you through the bright future God has for you.
Hope has a name. Jesus.
Posted on Sun, December 20, 2015
by Erika Catlett filed under