Text: I Timothy 5:7-8
Recurring issues that Pastor Waller has seen in over 32 years of ministry, that often come up with families in crisis:
- Somewhere after the exchange of vows at the altar, relationships change from, "I want to make you happy" to "What about me?"
- Recent studies show that 45-55% of married women, and 50-60% of married men, engage in extramarital sex sometime in their marriage.
- Our culture has become obsessed with sex, and pornography is killing our marriages.
Our Third Annual Marriage Conference will be held September 26-27, 2014. Register online now at www.wincog.com/events!
- The Bible clearly warns about the destructive and addictive nature of alcohol (see Proverbs 20:1; Proverbs 21:17; Proverbs 23:29-35, and Ephesians 5:18.)
- The Bible is very clear that drunkenness is always wrong (see Romans 13:13; Galatians 5:19-21; I Peter 4:3; Habakkuk 2:15; and I Corinthians 5:11).
- The Bible is clear that mature Christians should avoid causing others to stumble by drinking (Romans 14:21); leaders ought to avoid drinking alcohol (Proverbs 31:4-7) and cannot be given to drunkenness (I Timothy 3:3,8 and Titus 1:7).
- The question really isn't, "Can a Christian drink alcohol?" Rather, the better question is, "Should a Christian consume alcohol?" Prayerfully consider how you answer that question.
Posted on Sat, May 17, 2014