America: The Bearer of the Cross
Text: Psalm 11:3 (NIV)
When the foundations are being destroyed, what can the righteous do?
"As the home goes, so goes the church, and as the church goes, so goes America."
The church is under assault and persecution.
1. We are at war.
2. Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, Great Britain, France, and Spain all enjoyed their time at the top of the world. Then, as they began to decline, they all experienced some peculiar similarities:
- A war for the heart and soul of our homes, our church, and our country. The enemy keeps chipping away at the heart and soul of our salvation.
- April 16, 2014, on CNN: "We must eliminate the Cross. America is the bearer of the Cross." - A leader of Al-Qaeda.
- Remove the cross from America, and America is doomed! Take away our freedom to worship and America will go down in utter despair!
3. How do we win this war?
- An inordinate emphasis on sports and entertainment
- A fixation with lifestyles of the rich and famous
- Political corruption
- The loss of a moral compass
The cross symbolizes for us today everything that we believe - our hope, our present, our future, our eternity. Whatever the cost, whatever the sacrifice - we must hold it high. Preach it. Love it. Sing it. Defend it. Cling to it. And above all else - pick it up and follow Jesus wherever He may lead.
- Understand the war is spiritual. See II Corinthians 10:3-4.
- Take control of how you live. See Ephesians 5:8-20.
- Be clothed with God's armor. See Ephesians 6:10-18.
- Get involved in the political process.
Posted on Sat, June 28, 2014